Join me in my adventures with knitting, crochet, sewing and thrifting with a bit of day to day life thrown in too!

Wednesday 20 July 2011

Time For A Trim

I'd like to introduce you to two, of the many girls (girls rule, boys smell), that make up our family.

 


This is Katy and Anna.  Anna is the gorgeous ginger lovely, Katy is the one with considerably more hair, she looks like the Cousin It of the guinea pig world!  As you can probably guess from the title and from the picture, it is definately time for a trim.  Even with brushing, it drags in the bedding and gets matted, and it must be hot in this warm weather, plus it can't be easy to see through all that hair.  Today was the day I decided to tackle this mountain of hair, which does conceal a guinea pig.  She's in there some where, I promise.  I say tackle, as it is not an easy job.  As with many a young lady with long hair, she definately does not like hair cuts.  It's one of those jobs that I need an extra hand, or two, for.  She's a wriggler at the best of times, so I'm always very cautious when the scissors come out.  I popped to the pet shop the other day and while eyeing up some battery powered trimmers, received a very simple but handy tip from the sales assistant.  One of those tips that makes you think, how obvious, why didn't I think of that!  Put one hand under the front end and hold up slightly and use the other hand to snip snip snip.  It definately stoppped her moving round as much, but it was a bit more of a job cutting as I didn't have the second hand to hold a section of hair while I cut it. Anyway, I got the job done! I was covered in hair and extremely itchy, but whenever I give Katy a hair cut it always makes me giggle as she looks so tufty.  Want to see the big makeover reveal?



Ta-dah!  Ah, that's better!  She looks half the size, and must be so much cooler. 

Time for a treat, for both of us!




They love the tops, I love the rest.

Next battle...manicures.

1 comment:

Heather said...

ooh she looks loads smarter after a trim! I always went for short haired piggies after my first one, Teasle, who had a really long back/tail hair. Weird, and v hard to keep clean!